Today in Design – Top Articles RoundUp 29 April 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 8 Ways to Forget About Work…and Have Fun!
- How to empower designers to code
- Facebook isn’t the social network anymore. So what is it?
- How to Build a Mailing List That Actually Buys Your Books
The most important piece of your book distribution network is a mailing list of people who will actually buy your books. Anyone can build a mailing list, and it’s not that hard once you apply yourself to the task. But how do you find people who will actually buy your book?
- Build a profitable writing career in 6 simple steps
- Women in Tech: What’s the Real Problem?In my 20-plus years in tech, and now in Silicon Valley as part of a tech foundation that supports innovations, I’ve had the opportunity to partner with many..
- 5 ways to prepare for the future of the design industry
- If You Seek Admiration, Your Audience Will Leave You
- Designers shouldn’t code—they should study business
- How to Talk in Meetings When You Hate Talking in Meetings
HBR: Introverts tend to listen — and think — more than they speak. How can they avoid coming across as disengaged or even apathetic during a meeting, when they’re actually very deeply in thought?
- 17 best UX design tools: top UX websites and apps for designers
- 26 Top URL Shortening Services
- The Most Iconic Pieces of Art & Where to Find Them [Infographic]Galleries across the world are home to some of the most iconic pieces of art ever created, but just what can you see and where?Tags: ArtMasters
- USPTO appeals to Supreme Court for ruling on racially tinged trademarks
- On Being a Startup CEO and a DadEvery decision the CEO of startup makes has an impact on his home life.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance Startup
- Simplenote’s Syncing Plain Text Editor Is Now Available for Windows and Linux
- I am now a Pluralsight author, too! InDesign CC EPUB Fundamentals | PluralsightYou can’t create files for eReaders like Kindle or Nook without knowing how to create EPUB files.Tags: eprdctn epub selfpub
- All the Things You Can No Longer Buy if You’re Really Boycotting Trans-Friendly BusinessesMore than a half-million people have signed on to boycott Target for its transgender-friendly bathroom policy. But why stop there?
- The Freelance Paradox: 4 Reasons It Simultaneously Rules and Sucks to Work for Yourself
- Reducing Prejudice Could Be as Simple as a Single Conversation10-minute conversations between canvassers and voters in Miami-Dade county ended with 10% of people changing their minds in favor of equal rights.
- Uber has become the symbol of everything right and wrong with Silicon Valley today
- 8 simple ways to impress your clients
- Why freelancing is dominating the workforce
- Why clients choose someone else