Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 30 January 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Adobe digs up Bob Ross’s grave to promote PhotoshopAdobe is using the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil to ape the calm, almost beatific demeanor of Bob Ross.Tags: Photoshop
- Simulate Screenprint Effects in InDesign and PhotoshopThis project will show you how to simulate overprinting within InDesign using raster imagery – and, even better, your own scanned artwork – while being able to change the colour of your artwork on-the-fly. A secondary benefit is that you can have one PSD/TIFF file, but it can be repeated as many times as you want in the document and each one can have a completely different colour, reducing the amount of files required to print.
- 13 Ways Designers Screw Up Client Presentations
- Why Writing Isn’t Enough—The Savvy Writer’s Guide to SuccessMany of you introverted writer types are totally cringing right now. But if you want others to know what you’ve written, you have to do more than shut up and write. Writing is only half the battle. We have to market it—tell people about it and hope to God they’ll listen.
- The Best Leaders Are Constant Learners
- Sorry, Slack Lovers: You’ll Soon Hate Group Chat as Much as You Hate EmailGroup chat applications like Slack, HipChat, and others are due for a backlash. People adored email once, too.Tags: Slack
- Input type=“better” Experience
- The Case for Organized Creatives
- Why Wearables Are Getting Out Of Your Face (And Off Your Wrist)A startup-pitch event shows how hardware is changing.
- The Best Free WordPress Plugins for Contact FormsDiscover three easy ways to create WordPress contact forms.
- The Internet Isn’t What’s Distracting Us The Most At WorkHow we spend time at work not working is changing the way we manage work-life balance, and it might not be what you think.
- 20 Literary Valentine’s Day Cards for Bookish HeartsTorn between your love of books and that special someone? Here are 20 Literary Valentine’s Day cards.Tags: Writing AmWriting inspiration
- How to Win Big Projects
- The Benefits (And Challenges) Of Working With Remote TeamsOf course, there are both benefits and challenges that come along with remote workers. With the right systems in place, you can boost productivity and employee satisfaction. A haphazard approach will result in unnecessary issues, however.Tags: Entrepr…
- Secrets of Top Magazine Editors…Revealed