These are the articles, blogs, and resources I found interesting and worthy of sharing for 12 March 2010 through 25 March 2010:
- Do You Know Your Z Score? You Should! – Dr. Joe Webb is estimating that the printing industry lost 2,844 firms in 2009. Bankruptcies, foreclosure auctions, and other closures
- Is MyDictionary.com legit or just a rip-off of Dictionary.com? –
- Video: The end of publishing (?) –
- How Apple Would Explain Sexuality To Kids (NSFW) – Some crafty guys from Hong Kong have come up with a funny little video explaining how Apple’s current product line could easily be used to explain complex concepts like sexuality. This is probably NSFW, but it is very funny.
- Free For All: Adobe Illustrator Edition | Hundreds of Free #Illustrator Resources! – Calling all vector virtuosos! This Free for All installment includes hundreds of vector brushes and seamless pattern swatches. Plus, there are scripts to extend Illustrator’s functionality, automate repetitive tasks, and even improve on existing features.
- Four Photoshop CS5 “Sneak Peek” Preview Videos –
- Grocery Store Signs’ 10 Items or Less is Grammattically WRONG! (A pet peeve of mine) – Prescriptive grammarians would find the sign on the left cringeworthy, preferring the sign to the right by a long shot.The reason for this language peeve is that grocery store items are items that can be counted. Any number of grammar sites and blogs will tell you that the word less is used with mass nouns and the word fewer is used with count nouns.For more about the difference between mass nouns and count nouns click here.The reason I bring up this prescribed rule is because of the exceptions to the rule.My son recently asked me why, if numbers can be counted, are the phrases greater than and less than used in mathematics.
- The “Dark Side” of inspiration 30 über-cool images of Darth Vader #StarWars – The “Dark Side” of inspiration: 30 über-cool images of Darth Vader
- Trailer for My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend Looks Cute, Fun – Moments after meeting the perfect guy for her, Jesse (Alyssa Milano, Charmed) meets Mr. Perfect— Troy (Michael Landes, Possession), a confident and successful advertising executive who makes almost every moment elegant and romantic. Soon Jesse is in over her head and grappling with the ultimate romantic paradox: what does a girl do when she meets “Mr. Right”… after already meeting the right guy?
- Empire Chronicles: AT-AT Walker – Julian Glover, Actor, “General Veers”
“On Empire, the last thing in the world that I knew about was what the thing I was driving was! I sat on the top of a gantry with a bluescreen behind me and they shook it about a bit…There was one line which was, ‘Target the main generator.’ It was in the middle of some other lines and I couldn’t remember it. We must have done eight takes on it. It was driving them absolutely mad! It wasn’t until I actually saw the film that I knew what I was driving! I said, ‘My God, it’s a giant giraffe!’ ”
— Lucasfilm Fan Club Magazine #10 (Winter 1990)