Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 10 December 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Will Publishers Pay The Price Of This Latest Tech War?
There is a war going on between Google and Apple. It’s a war for advertising dollars. The changes coming are certain to hurt any small to mid-size publishing company.
- Year-End Blues? 5 Steps To Crush Goals And Close Strong
- How To Use An Exclamation Point Properly (& How Not To Use It)
Do you use an exclamation point? Do you use five or more? Is there really any limit to the number of exclamation points you can and should use?Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- 10 Most Popular Font Managers for Mac & Windows
How big is your font collection? If you’ve been busy downloading all the free fonts you can find, or if you’ve invested in some premium typefaces chances are you’ve got hundreds (or thousands!) of font files that are bogging down your system. Font managers are important tools that allow you to activate and deactivate your fonts on the fly, organise your collection into groups, and easily test out multiple typefaces at once to find the perfect choice for your designs. I browsed through graphic design forums and messageboards to find out which font managers were recommended by real professionals. This roundup features the most popular programs for both Windows and Mac, including free and premium apps for you to consider.
- How a Product Funnel Makes Blogging Profitable
a great product funnel provides your readers with an opportunity to get to know you, like you and trust you. You make compelling offers to your readers that they can receive from free to fee:
- 3D Printed Classic Paintings
- InDesign Tutorial: How to Design a Magazine Cover With Pantone Colours and Spot Varnishes
Johann Chan takes you through his creative process and shows how to design a magazine cover, add Pantone colours and spot UV varnishes.Tags: InDesign
- 3 Resources to Help You Become a Master Content Marketing Storyteller
- How to Create Highly Engaging Content for Your Audience
- Beware Social Media Snake Oil
Read on for solid advice on how to separate the worthwhile from the worthless, and warnings about some common social media scams.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- 7 Drag And Drop Plugins For Building WordPress Sites
Building a WordPress site, the drag-and-drop method would help save a lot of time. In this post, we have put together 7 plugins that add this functionality into the WordPress editor. If you know of more cool plugins let us know in the comments.
- WordPress 4.4: 10 Coolest New Features You Should Know
In this post we will be looking at 10 new WordPress 4.4 features you should be checking out.Tags: WordPress
- How to Cold Pitch Work and Get the Creative Photography Jobs You Want
As photographers, we often think of jobs or ideas that we’d love to do. Pitching for these is difficult as the company involved might not be looking for what you offer. In this article I’ll talk you through the best ways to get that conversation started.
- Amazon Is Testing Original Content Written By Experts
Will product roundups and service articles resonate with loyal customers? Amazon sure hopes so.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- Following the Hunch: How to Make Freelancing Into a Durable Business
- 12 Most Profitable Places to Sell Your Photos Online
If you have photos that you want to sell, there are a number of websites that can help you. Here are 12 of the best.Tags: Photography