Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 10 December 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 10 Things to Keep in Mind When Loving a Highly Creative Person
It has been proven that highly creative people’s brains work quite differently than other brains. That special brain wiring that can create such wonderful art, music, and writing can often lead to strain in a relationship, because of those differences. If you’ve ever loved a highly creative person, you know that it can seem like they live in their own little word at times, and that thought isn’t far from the truth. Here are some things to keep in mind when you are in love with a highly creative person:
- Why Hiring An Editor For Your Self-Published Book Is Unavoidable
Over the past few years, I’ve read quite a few self-published books. Most of the books have been wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Yet some have been painful to read. Others have been good, but could have been great with the assistance of an experienced editor. Too many self-published authors don’t think readers can tell if their novel hasn’t been professionally edited. Trust me, most of us can. As for authors who skip utilizing beta readers and critique partners, that shows as well.
- Does your domain have baggage? Check before you commit
- The Psychology of Color Chart and Their associated Moods in PMS Colours
- What are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- How to market your freelance business with a blog
- The Easy Cut: Editing Tips Part 2 | An Inspired Mess
- 6 Ways to Get More from Your Millennial Employees
- How to Create Watercolor Brushes in AI
- How to Harvest Creative Writing Ideas from the News
- InDesign tutorial: Resize a page using InDesign’s Liquid Layouts
Can the new Liquid Layout behaviours in InDesign CS6 save you time repurposing a publication for different print and digital page sizes? That’s a question Digital Arts readers have been asking us with increasing frequency.
To answer this, we brought in InDesign and print and digital publishing expert Pariah Burke. And what better way for him to answer that question than by reworking one of our own layouts from the November 2012 issue of Digital Arts?
- Dark Social – The Marketer’s Guide
- Clarity in Business Comes from Staying Close to our “Why”shareLeadership
- The Internet Archive wants to copy its collection in Canada because of Trump
- Mapping Out Digital Advertising Ideas With MindMeister | MindMeister Blog
- Need a Creativity Boost? Try This New Multi-Pronged Approach
- Publishers Making Bank on BookazinesshareePublishing
- 7 Things to Do After Launching a New Blog Post –
- How to Write a Novel in Six Months
- Does ‘brain training’ work?