Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 11 March 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 5 Ways to Monitor Competitors and Their Marketing PracticesSpying isn’t bad when it’s researching the marketing schemes of your competitionTags: Entrepreneur Leadership Startup
- How to Make a Killer Multiple Exposure Portrait Using Photoshop
- Review: The Art of Comic Book Writing
- Microsoft’s Radical Bet on a New Type of Design ThinkingBy studying underserved communities, the tech giant hopes to improve the user experience for everyone.Tags: Design DesignforMobile
- The World Has a Problem: Too Many Young PeopleThe parable of our time might well be: Mind your young, or they will trouble you in your old age.
- Personal Branding on Social Media [1-Hour Video]Tags:
- Brutally Honest Flowchart Shows Precisely When Creatives Should Work For Free
- Things You Can Do in Your 20s to Be a Millionaire by 30To help you reach the seven-figure mark, we rounded up nine pieces of advice from people who became millionaires at a young age.Tags: Entrepreneur Leadership Brassballs
- An Open Letter to Newbie DesignersWhat people fail to mention is that early in your career, all of those pieces of advice are a load of BS.Tags: Design GraphicDesign
- Introductions and the “Forward Intro Email”
- How to Get Published (Writing 101)I get emails every day asking for advice on getting published or getting an agent. This is the post for people needing an entry-level introduction to publishing.Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub epub
- 5 Great-Paying Careers That Don’t Require a Bachelor’s Degree
Almost 70% of Americans have chosen to make a life without a 4-year degree. While some feel unable to attend college for one reason or another, a vast majority of those people have intentionally opted to make a living on a non-traditional path.
Here are 5 of the best-paying careers that don’t require more than a 2-year degree:
- How Several Creatives Are Using Social Media to Win ClientsBut how about using social to actually get you work?Tags: Design Business
- Beyond Time Management: Why We Really Procrastinate and How to Finally StopOvercoming procrastination isn’t about better time management. Learn what the latest research in psychology & neuroscience says you should be doing instead.Tags: productivity todo gtd
- How to “Train” Your Client to Pay Promptly – 8 Essential TipsThis is a post from a member of the Freelancers Union community. If you’re interested in sharing your expertise, your story, or some advice you think will help a fellow freelancer out, feel free to send your blog post to us here. 71% of freelancers have trouble getting paid. Yes, it’s your client’s fault, BUT there is something you can do to help prevent payment problems from occurring in the first place. Think of it as a “payment training program” for your clients. Here’s what you should do: 1. Include an advance deposit in your pricing proposal. The amount can be …
- Creating a Hello Bar With WordPress Without Paying for Hello BarYou can build that same concept for absolutely no cost. You can also integrate it with your email marketing service. I’ll be showing you how to integrate it with MailChimp.
- Trick Yourself into Finding Time to WriteFinding time to write on a regular basis can be tough, but here are some simple ways to trick yourself into more writing time.Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub epub