Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 11 May 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How To Design Your Own Typeface: Mark Simonson’s ProcessDo you dream of designing a typeface? Find out what it takes in this profile of Mark Simonson, the hand behind Proxima Nova, Coquette, and other popular fonts.Tags: typography
- Canva, The Startup Bringing Graphic Design To The Masses, Is Launching A New Paid ModelThe Canva for Work subscription will join the platform’s suite of free services in June.Tags: Design Inspiration
- What Writers Should Do Right After Publication
- This Guy Is Covering The Streets With Rain ArtHe uses special formulas to create rain art that only appears when it rains. He is covering the streets with this rain art and it is beautiful.Tags: Inspiration
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fan shows what Westeros would look like on Google MapsSomeone recreated George R.R. Martin’s fictional continent of Westeros as a Google Maps map, and it’s beautiful.Tags: GameofThrones cartography
- Which percent of children 2–13 read ebooks at least once per week? 27%? 53%? 71%? 93%?
- One of the World’s Most Ripped-Off Logos Finally Gets Used the Right Way
- Why Business Logo Design is So Important to Your OrganizationA great business logo design plays a key role in building brand identity for a company and helps it get recognition, and a competitive edge in the market.Tags: Design Branding Logo