Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 12 August 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How to cut out hair in PhotoshopWhen changing backgrounds in Photoshop, getting an accurate selection around hair is tricky - here’s how to do it using the Refine Edge tool in three simple steps.Tags: Photoshop portraits
- 5 Keys to Growing a Successful Side Project Without Quitting Your Day Job
Holding down a day job while hustling the passion project can be done—if you can check your ego and apply yourself to completing both jobs at hand. A side hustle involves going the extra mile for your current employer and banking the trust of managers and workplace colleagues, an irreplaceable asset that you’ll need when you finally decide your side gig is the full-time passion project.
- 23 Awesome Online Resources for Design InspirationWhether you are a guru or an aspiring designer, these online resources will inspire you to improve on your craft, whether it is web design or print. Enjoy!Tags: Design Inspiration
- The 52 best After Effects tutorials for beginners and beyond.Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or expert, you’ll find something useful in our collection of After Effects tutorials.
- Designers: 10 Presentation & Talks You Need to See
Here are 10 amazing presentations on topics dear to every designer’s heart, covering everything from dealing with clients to web typography, responsive web design to impostor syndrome. They may not be the most recent of talks but what is important is the message the talks are trying to deliver.
- 5 Free Ways to Make the Most of Your ContentYou’ve bought some content from a copywriter - but what now? If you’re clever, you can put that content to work in a number of new ways. All for free!Tags: ContentMarketing CM copywriting
- Stone Text Effect Photoshop TutorialCreate a nice old-looking grungy stone text effect.Tags: Photoshop