Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 14 August 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Why Kim Kardashian Can’t Write GoodEssay-level writing as a basic skill is no longer the norm. Speaking is, however, and that style has influenced our writing. Get over it, grammarians.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- Get the Tools You Need to Stop Writing Today! McSweeney’s Internet TendencyThen you’re missing out on a crucial part of the creative process if you don’t spend endless hours staring at a blank page questioning your existence. If you’re not facing crippling battles with depression, questioning your place in the universe, or not developing tendencies for getting black-out drunk, then it sounds like you need help not writing your book.
- This Online Movement Wants To Put An End To The Adobe Flash Player
- Create a Conversation, Not a Presentation for Better Reception, Comprehension, Collaboration, and AdoptionYou and your audience should reach a conclusion together.
- At Home Workers and Freelancers Beware: It Takes a While to Get Back on Track After a DistractionIt’s important to pull yourself away from work every now and then. Breaks are one thing, but distractions are another. Breaks are focused and deliberate. Distractions catch you off guard and derail your task entirely. In fact, one study shows it takes about 25 minutes to get back into the swing of things after you’ve been interrupted.
- A Writer’s Work is the Product of Laziness
- 3 Must-Read Ideas for Spicing Up Your Editorial ScheduleThe only three things you need to know about being an organized audience development blogger with an editorial schedule.Tags: Writing AmWriting blogging CM
- The adblocking revolution is months away – with trouble for advertisers, publishers and GoogleWhen Apple’s iOS 9 comes out in September, there’s going to be a dramatic uptake of ad blockers on iOS – and it’s going to have far-reaching effects not just on websites and advertisers, but potentially also on the balance in mobile platforms and even on Google’s revenues.