Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 15 April 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How to Build a Mailing List That Actually Buys Your Books
The most important piece of your book distribution network is a mailing list of people who will actually buy your books. Anyone can build a mailing list, and it’s not that hard once you apply yourself to the task. But how do you find people who will actually buy your book?
- Women in Tech: What’s the Real Problem?In my 20-plus years in tech, and now in Silicon Valley as part of a tech foundation that supports innovations, I’ve had the opportunity to partner with many..
- Discovering New Revenue Streams From Content Marketing ServicesContent marketing has become a huge industry with many players including a vast number of service providers, proclaimed experts, trade journals and conferences. It really is the next big frontier in marketing.Tags: CM ContentMarketing
- On Being a Startup CEO and a DadEvery decision the CEO of startup makes has an impact on his home life.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance Startup
- How To Use Image Trace In Illustrator
- Creativity Is Not An Accident
- Create a Seamless Vector Quatrefoil Pattern in Illustrator : MedialootQuatrefoil is an ornamental design with four lobes that resemble a flower or clover leaf, it is most commonly seen in Gothic architecture but can also make a cool, minimal pattern for modern web and graphic design. This quick tutorial will show…
- Capitalism Excels at Innovation but Is Failing at Maintenance
- Pick the Perfect Side Hustle With These 5 QuestionsIf you’re looking for a way to earn extra cash on the side, there are plenty of options out there, from starting a blog to renting out your stuff. Whatever your gig or “side hustle,” these five questions will help ensure it’s one that fits your lifestyle and goals.
- Responsive Sites vs. Mobile Apps: Which Is Right for Your Company?Are your users looking for an app or a mobile version of your company’s website? These tips can help you figure out what option is right for your business.Tags: WebDesign MobileDesign
- Being Uncomfortable Selling Your Products Is Actually Kind Of Selfish