Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 15 December 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 33 Business Books to Read Before 30To help you figure out how to navigate the professional world and set yourself on the right trajectory, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite business books.Tags: Entrepreneur Leadership Brassballs
- Buying advice: Best Mac for graphic designGraphic designers have long loved Macs, and OS X remains the leading environment in which to be creative. We explore the best options for designers, to find the perfect Macs for themTags: OSX mac macbook
- 5 Smart Moves to Make in a Technical Interview (That Have Nothing to Do With Coding)
Technical interviews are known for their puzzles. Whether you’re asked to write a binary tree out on a whiteboard, explain a sorting algorithm, or implement FizzBuzz in 10 lines or less, you should prepare for technical programming questions in the average interview.
- 37 Effective PowerPoint Presentation Tips
Consider this your all-inclusive guide. We’ll look at preparing your presentation, how to design it in PowerPoint, practicing your delivery, and then how to nail your delivery successfully come presentation time. We’ll also address what not to do—so you can sidestep any big mistakes. Let’s dig into these tips for effective PowerPoint presentations.
- What Are The Biggest Trends In Design For 2016? Get Ahead Of The Curve
So where is design going in 2016? What are the hot trends that we need to keep an eye on? How will 2016’s design trends differ from those of last year? Check out the infographic below for a fascinating look.
- How to Create Your Own Online Video Membership Site
Online video membership sites are quickly growing in popularity. If you are thinking about making your own video membership site, you will be relieved to know that the process is rather simple. There are many options out there; however, the most simple methods of creating your site will now be presented so that your chances of making a mistake are drastically reduced.
- How to Move Your Startup Into Its First OfficeHere’s what you need to know before moving your startup into an office space.Tags: Entrepreneur Leadership Startup
- Why Increased Efficiency Will Make Us MiserableUnfortunately, this convenience comes at a cost: The more efficient we get, the less we interact.
- The Guide to Hiring the Best Designer for Your TeamThis guide to hiring designer will provide an outline of the hiring process that will find you the best designer for your team. First identify the designer.Tags: Design Business
- ‘Based on a true story’: the fine line between fact and fiction
From Kapuscinski to Knausgaard, from Mantel to Macfarlane, more and more writers are challenging the border between fiction and nonfiction. Here Geoff Dyer – longtime master of the space between, in books such as But Beautiful and Out of Sheer Rage – argues that there is no single path to ‘truth’ while, below, writers on both sides of the divide share their thoughts…
- Setting Boundaries: The Key to Maintaining Control of Your Life and WorkThe difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything. – Warren Buffett