Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 15 May 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How to Maximize Your Free Storage Space on Every Cloud ServiceBetween Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and a half dozen other services, the sky’s the limit on how much cloud storage you can get for free. Here are some of the best tricks for getting it with each service.Tags: Dropbox OneDrive Box gDrive
- What your clients really think of mobileMarketers are getting the message that serving the consumer at the mobile moment should be their top priority. So are they investing mightily in mobile marketing? Not as much as you might expect.Tags: Marketing
- How to send a DMCAHere’s a quick tutorial on how to send a DMCA to remove photography copyright infringement.Tags: Design Photography Copyright IP IPLaw
- A Writer’s Work is the Product of Laziness
- Who is more satisfied with book royalty rates, traditionally published or self-published authors?
- Career 101: The Company You Work For Is Not Your FriendOne thing becomes apparent after the honeymoon of a newly-launched career is over: Your employer--whether it’s a scrappy startup or a massive multi-million dollar company--is not your friend. You are a resource. That means the only one you can trust, really, is you. Here’s how to keep a cool head and stay in control of your career.
- Get the Tools You Need to Stop Writing Today! McSweeney’s Internet TendencyThen you’re missing out on a crucial part of the creative process if you don’t spend endless hours staring at a blank page questioning your existence. If you’re not facing crippling battles with depression, questioning your place in the universe, or not developing tendencies for getting black-out drunk, then it sounds like you need help not writing your book.
- Truly Vintage Designs and TypographyThe designs of packaging from back in the day are very inspiring to look at, they give us a brief glimpse of design history and trends in foregone eras.Tags: typography inspiration