Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 16 February 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Facebook the Colonial Empire – The AtlanticToday’s empires are born on the web, and exert tremendous power in the material world.
- Where Iconic Figures Had Their ‘Eureka’ Moments [Infographic]Comprising of scientists, musicians and inventors such as Alexander Fleming, Paul McCartney and Nikola Tesla, the infographic demonstrates how some of the most revolutionary ideas came into being from the most humble and simple of beginnings.
- Working with the Libraries Panel in Photoshop CCDiscover how the Libraries panel’s new features and enhancements make sharing assets even easier using linked Creative Cloud Smart Objects. In addition, discover how to create a Library from a document in a single click in the November release of Photoshop CC 2015.
- 22 Tips Every Amazon Addict Should KnowIf you also proudly drink the Amazonian Kool-aid, then check out these tips. All are here for one reason and one reason alone: to help you get the absolute best out of your shopping experience. Whether that’s better prices, faster shipping (even witho…
- 10 High Quality Apple Device Mockup PSDsApple device mockups only that range from iPhones to full iMacs. These Apple device mockups are available in PSD format for easy and quick editing, and moreover, they include photorealistic renders and actual photos relying on smart objects for screen…
- Interesting display typeface, Phantom, now a free fontInteresting display typeface, Phantom, now a free fontTags: Typography fonts
- How “Send to Kindle” Can Help Publishers Neutralize Amazon
Amazon’s Send to Kindle functionality has been around for quite awhile and I believe it’s one of the most underutilized services available to publishers. The Send to Kindle email option lets publishers push non-DRM’d ebooks directly onto a consumer’s Kindle bookshelf. I’m sure it was originally designed for documents other than ebooks but I think it’s time for book publishers to take advantage of it for their ebooks as well.
- 17 Free Ebooks for Designers
- 51 Reasons to Not Date a Graphic Designer [Full-Sized Infographic]
- Ditch Bezier Curves: Beautiful Drawings using Spiral Tools
Those using Illustrator or a different vector program can’t avoid bezier curves. They allow the user to draw curves in any form or shape. However, it needs practice to be able to draw well-shaped curves. Especially when drawing letters like the curvy S, it is not easy to set the starting point so that the curves are proportioned correctly. That’s why there are drawing and writing programs that offer an alternative to bezier curves. The best-known should be the Spiral Tool of Inkscape. Spirals help to create harmonious, curved paths quickly.
- Your Brain Is Hardwired to SnapThe same group of neurons could make you a hero—or a rage-filled aggressor.
- Your Writers Conference: A Reason to Go instead of Say No
The price of not attending a writers conference would have been costly. And besides, the price tag of the first writers conference was recouped in my advance. Don’t let excuses hold you back; 2016 may be your year for a writers conference. Here are some lists to get you started:
- How to Use Anxiety in Your Sales Letter Landing Page CopywritingTwo Sales Letter Landing Page Copywriting ModelsTags: copywriting
- How To Work Fewer Hours And Earn More Money [Infographic]
- The Millennial Voice Is Pivotal to the Future of All the World’s Industries
Here we catch up with Ruramai Madyara, co-founder of The Ambassador magazine, to reflect on her experience of being shortlisted for the FIPP Rising Stars in Media Award, the importance of recognising the millenials voice and the future of the magazine media industry.
- See more at: http://www.fipp.com/news/features/the-millennial-voice-is-pivotal-to-the-future#sthash.elyojNes.dpuf
- Condé Nast and Hearst Magazines partner to create PubWorx