Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 18 February 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- “Netflix of eBooks” Scribd Drops Unlimited SubscriptionUS e-book subscription service Scribd is dropping its unlimited e-book subscription offer, and moving to a hybrid model as of next month.Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub epub
- Social Media Peak Has Been Reached
What we have reached, and what Twitter’s impending demise is emblematic of, is the pinnacle of the ‘social share’. Public posting and social sharing will continue to exist but the collective public conscious that grew up in the first and second waves of social will be accompanied by a range of more personalised messaging options, that provide just as good a user experience. Media technology will continue to evolve and engage but the current incarnation of social as we know it has now reached its peak.
- Barron’s Recommends Amazon Buy Barnes & NobleBarnes & Noble has only about 17% share of physical-book sales, so the combination might avoid antitrust issues.Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub epub
- Amazon’s Terms of Service Now Cover the Zombie Apocalypse!If the zombie apocalypse does happen sometime in the future, the world might end, but Amazon will still be on your side.Tags: Zombie
- Forget attention span. Why websites have to make long-form integral part of their content mix.Long-form content should be considered an essential part of your content mix on your website. What data tells us is, that investing into producing longer hiqh-quality, word-rich articles pays off. Long form contributes to both, more social shares and …
- 3 Social Channels Language Nerds Should Follow
If you’re a language nerd like many of us at Grammarly, you may also have an insatiable appetite for language knowledge. For you, it’s not enough to occasionally browse websites during your free time; you need a daily deluge of new words, blog posts about word origins, tips and tricks for grammar, and lessons in a new language. These three social channels will feed your daily need for language knowledge and keep you coming back for more.
- Improve Ebook Samples With Subscription & Automation