Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 18 July 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- 5 People You Should Regularly Talk Shop With for a Better CareerThe right advice can dramatically change your career. But to get that insight, you need to talk to the right people. Build a network of people with different roles and your professional life will benefit from diverse perspectives. Here are a fe…
- Adobe Muse CC 2014 ReviewThe web design tool has received an update, but are the new features effective? Lance Evans takes Muse CC 2014 for a test drive.
- Infographic: The 5 Most Dangerous Creative Productivity Myths
When it comes to being productive in creative work, there are certain rules of thumb that many adhere to that may actually decrease instead of increase the accomplished outputs.
AtTask has created an insightful infographic that busts five of the most dangerous creative productivity myths that one can believe in—for instance, if you think that having a more fluid, unstructured working process is helpful for creative work, you will have to think again.
- The Big Guide To Printing From Your iPhone or iPad
Wirelessly printing photos and documents straight from your iPhone and iPad can be as easy as sending someone a text message, using one of several built-in and third-party options.
Though paperless reading and sharing of documents is easy and affordable these days, there are occasions when we all still need to use print documents and photos on paper. Apple’s printing technology AirPrint and a few handy third-party apps and cloud services support a wide range of printing options whatever you’re working on.
Here’s how to print from your iPhone or iPad to just about any printer.
- 20 Creative Ads that Make You Want To Wait For The Elevator
From billboards and buses, we now turn our attention to elevator advertisements. While buses move around town, elevators make their way up and down between floors and have moving doors that when creatively utilized can convey messages real well. But don’t take our word for it, check these 20 creative elevator ads out for yourself and see if you agree!
- The Gamification of Business
Gamification for business follows the same basic principles, allowing customers to earn points and achieve statuses. Your regular loyalty program is an example of how businesses use gamification to their advantage, and yours — to a certain extent. Designed by ClickSoftware, this infograph depicts the brief history of gamification in business. You may also download their exclusive eBook which explains how gamification can provide a better experience for your customers.
- Adobe & Google team up on giant open-source font
The entire family rounds out at just under half a million total glyphs. Never before has a typeface family of this magnitude, development scope, and value been offered via open source — which makes it a no-cost solution for designers, developers, and everyday users who need a font supporting a broad set of languages…