Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 18 September 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Amazon’s selling its $50 Fire tablet in six packsIt was rumored and now the 7-inch $49.99 (£50) Amazon Fire tablet is here. The content peddling device is cheaper than dinner for two at a medium nice res…
- Stash, Trash or Refresh: The Ultimate Guide to Dealing with Boring In-Between Story PartsThis post will give you a practical roadmap for how to make the in-between sexy.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- Facebook Snags Patent For Approving Loans Based On Your Social NetworkFacebook was just granted a new patent that could let providers approve or deny financial loans based on a user’s social network.
- Freelancer Contract Do’s and Don’ts
Believe me, you don’t want to learn this the hard way—and many of us do. Writing a contract may seem like a tedious, I’m-so-not-in-the-mood task, but it is highly necessary for even the smallest and most repetitive of jobs.Unfortunately for us (freelancers), we don’t have the rules and regulations that were already drawn up by the “authority” in a full-time, day job.
- Free eBook on Flat Design Helps You Understand Flat Design (Even if You Don’t Like Flat Design)You don’t have to like flat design, but you need to know about it. Here’s a great ebook on the topic – and it’s free to download today!
- An Animated Explanation Of Why Sitting Is The New SmokingWe have seen articles that talk about the dangers of sitting too much. But just how bad is it to our health?
Just this past year, scientists…
- The Difference Between Work From Home Jobs and ScamsWork from home jobs are becoming increasingly popular but there are an equal amount of scams. Learn how to tell the difference.
- 5 Proofreading Tips for Freelance WritersAll sorts of errors happen in writing. Here are 5 proofreading tips that will make it easier to avoid missing errors in your freelance writing.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- A quick intro to 3D printing for creativesIt might not be core to your creative business but can you really afford to overlook 3D printing?
- Watch Using Wacom Tablets with Photoshop [45 min video course]If you’re serious about digital illustration, there’s a good chance you use a Wacom tablet. But are you getting the most out of your tools? In this course, Adobe Certified Instructor Kevin Stohlmeyer shows how to optimize your Wacom tablet for use wit…
- New comic book series creates a web designer superheroThe Adventures of UX Hero is the first comic book series about UX design.Tags: Webdesign