Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 19 October 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How to Write Headlines that Surprise the Brain and Snap It to AttentionOur brain is constantly predicting and comparing, so any sequence that looks familiar or predictable can be repurposed. Video, a sequence of photos, etc. all could be used in this way.Tags: Marketing ContentMarketing Copywriting AmWriting
- How to Use Pinterest on Your Author WebsiteAuthor Assistant Kate Tilton teached authors how to use Pinterest on their author websites.Tags: Amwriting selfpub epub indiepub
- Why Twitter’s Dying (And What You Can Learn From It)
- How to Keep Your Customers Coming Back for More [Podcast]
- How your sales tactics could be costing you a great deal of money and respect
- The key factors that turn a buyer’s remorse situation into a long-term, loyal customer advocate
- What you need to implement for your members to achieve what you promised, so you can produce fantastic case studies
- Emotional Intelligence in Design — Facebook Design — How Design Grows UpWe’re on a journey together, you and me. We’ve come a long way, but design for the web is still in its adolescence. In the early aughts we learned to build websites without tables, then we learned to use data to make decisions. Emotion never played a role in driving page views, purchases or video plays. We just needed to get people from point A to point B. People live their entire lives online now, we’re embarking on a new frontier as designers; we’re designing frameworks for people to exist online — a lot like they do offline.