Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 20 March 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Nice Pinterest Find – Wizard of Oz illustrations on Pinterest | 171 PinsPins about Wizard of Oz illustrations hand-picked by Pinner Jenifer Cost | See more about wizard of oz, dr. oz and emerald city.Tags: Illustration Inspiration
- 16 Ways freelancers can help one another
- Three Ways To Make The Most Of RSS
I’ve always been an ardent believer in RSS, so I thought I’d share a few of my favorite uses for RSS.
- Should Indie Authors Use Social Media Services to Promote Books?Several years back a few websites popped up promising to help people grow their social media accounts and even make them look popular by liking or retweeting them. Immediately, celebrities everywhere became their biggest clients by paying for fake fans, retweets and even comments, I talked about it a while back on Writer’s Weekly. Most…
- Barnes & Noble to spin off Nook tablet, college businessesThe bookselling giant says the spin-off will help the company increase its presence in the “growing market for digital educational content and services.Tags: eprdctn etextbook highered
- This Jarring Photo Series Captures What PTSD Really Looks LikeAt the end of last summer, photographer Devin Mitchell started traveling around the United States documenting the diverse lives of veterans through semi-surreal portraits for his senior thesis project.Tags: photography ptsd
- Why a “Bolstering Range Offer” Might Be Your Best Bet When NegotiatingWhether you’re negotiating some kind of business deal, there are a lot of ways you can approach it. A recent study suggests, however, that the best strategy for negotiating down might be to offer a “bolstering range offer.“Tags: Negotiating Deals
- Seven Habits of Optimistic People Happy people live longer and feel better. But how do they stay so upbeat?Happy people live longer and feel better. But how do they stay so upbeat?
- No One Takes Graphic Designers SeriouslyHollywood thinks graphic designers are idiots. Or at least that’s the impression you get from this supercut by Ellen Mercer and Lucy Streule, graphic design students at Central Saint Martins in London. The video stitches together TV and film clips of characters deriding the profession.