Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 20 October 2017
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Logo Thief – A Website that Curates Plagiarized Logo Design Cases“The people behind Logo Thief, a website recently launched to name and shame the logo thieves want to stop this illegal acts. The blog keep track and documents various cases of logo design plagiarism and name people who rip-off the designs of o…
- Flat Design VS. Skeuomorphism [Infographic]“It’s easy to get wrapped up in a trend and choose the option you think is most popular. But do you really know the drawbacks as well as the benefits of flat design? How about skeuomorphism?
We’ve put together this fun infographic to help you work out the best option for your project.”
- 5 Alternative Ways to Say “Thank You in Advance”
- Identify Fonts in Images with Photoshop ToolLearn how to explore, choose, and refine typography in Photoshop CC to make your design perfect.
- Is the open office layout dead? | | Dropbox Blog
- 22 Graphic Design Mistakes That Novice Designers Make
- How to Win with Automation (Hint: It’s Not Chasing Efficiency)
- You Were Born to Sell: Dismantling the Myths of Self-Promotion“Working hard at making something isn’t a guarantee of success. In fact, when you ship your project or work, your job has only just begun.”
- Time Blocking: Improve Your Focus And Get More Meaningful Work Done – Darius Foroux
- Should designers care about typographic mistakes?
- Amazon’s Friction-Killing Tactics To Make Products More Seamless | First Round Review
- 50 Illustrator Tutorials That Will Leave You Looking Like A Pro“This round-up brings you a selection of great Illustrator tutorials starting with the basics and ending with advanced projects. All the information you need to get to grips with this powerful software.”