Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 22 December 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How to Make Money from Your Smartphone Photography
Make no mistake – it is hard because it is creative. It is hard because everyone is a smartphone photographer. But as many have already proven, it can be done. Let’s first understand who will buy your photos.
- 5 Fascinating Sites for Watching Language EvolveToday, we have a collection of fascinating but fun language sites that show how the written and spoken word is changing.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- 10 Best Accessibility-Ready WordPress ThemesBuilding accessible websites that don’t exclude people with different kinds of disabilities has become more of a requirement in web design in the recent years.Tags: Accessible 508
- Enough, already, with the exclamation punctuation.
- 10 Mobile Apps to Play with Type
Here are mobile apps that you can use to apply, edit and create cool typography on your photos or as an image to share quickly and easily. These apps are mostly available on iOS and Android, and are free unless specified otherwise. Know of another app that would be a fit in this list? Tell us in the comments.
- 60 Free Fonts for Minimalist DesignsFind the perfect font for your minimalist design projects.
- 15 Outstanding Tips for Blog Writers from Popular BloggersHere are some outstanding tips for blog writers from 15 popular bloggers, to help you create a blog that has a following and makes a difference.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting amblogging
- Productivity Advice From My 16 Year Old Self
- Treat Your Ears to the Weirdest Holiday Songs EverYou want weird holiday songs? We’ve got ’em. Wrap your presents with a twist while you listen to the weirdest holiday songs ever.Tags: Christmas
- How to Convert Any File Format Online with Free ToolsIf you need to convert a file, here’s the ultimate list of sites you should turn to.
- How To Spot, Fix and Eliminate Passive Voice In Everything You Write
- Content is Queen: lynda.com Founders Tell Their Story
- How to Deal With 4 Types of Impossible ClientsJust because a client is difficult doesn’t mean you can’t keep him or her happy.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance
- Perhaps my favorite word: Onomatopoeia
- This App Could Do for Email What Google Chrome Did for Browsing the Web
No matter how much you like your email app, there’s probably something you’d change about it. A new client named N1 wants to bring you the changes you want — or let you design them yourself.
- 8 Ways to Sell Digital Magazine SubscriptionsHow to sell digital magazines as demand for many platforms riseTags: DPS emag digimag
- On the rewards of making others look good
- What Is Markdown? 4 Reasons Why You Should Learn It NowMarkdown is a simple way to add formatting — like headers, bold/italic text, and lists — to plain text. Rather than relying on HTML or WYSIWYG editors, Markdown allows you to create full pages of formatted text without ever having to remove your fingers from the keyboard, and all in a way that’s much more intuitive than HTML.
- 3 Ways to Create a Mobile App with WordPressScott Bollinger shares three options available to easily create a mobile app with WordPress, reviewing the pros and cons of each approach.Tags: WordPRess DesignforMobile
- What is Photo Management Software?In this article we discuss Photo Management Software and the facts and benefits of managing photo imagery within a DAM environment.Tags: Photography