Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 22 July 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Nine surprisingly lengthy tips for cutting and editing your copy
Probably the most common copywriting issue that people want to address on our courses is how to cut copy.
‘We have so much we want to say but our content’s way too long and clunky already.’
‘How we can say what we need to say in half as many words?’
Reducing wordcount matters because the online space is a tough reading environment.
Here’s a quote from Steve Krug’s Don’t Make Me Think:
- Publish To Be Read
- Do Not Feel Guilty About Idleness-- BRENDA UELANDTags: Writing AmWriting
- Novels Are Never About What They Are AboutThe author may not be aware of this till she is pretty far along with it.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- 34 CSS Puns That’ll Make You Laugh, Even If You Aren’t A Web DesignerCascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a stylesheet language that defines how the content on a web page is to be displayed with colors, borders, fonts, backgroundTags: CSS WebDesign
- 5 of the Most Common Grammar Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Grammar isn’t just the domain of high-minded intellectuals holding court in an ivory tower, nor is it a sadist creation designed to make you feel frustrated and confused. It’s a system and structure that’s genuinely in existence to help us communicate more clearly—to help us better understand each other and derive meaning from the things we say and write.
- Adobe and Marvel Teamed Up to Let Four Students Draw the Avengers
- Micro Snitch Monitors Your Mac’s Camera and Microphone Access