Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 24 September 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 8 Common Misconceptions About Mobile Device Batteries You Need To KnowLet’s strap in and clear the air about some of these commonly-held mobile battery myths.
- It’s All About the Experience – Print Periodicals Can be Viewed as the Luxury MediumFor publishers, that means print can now be viewed as the luxury medium, attractive to consumers looking for a high-end experience.Tags: eprdctn emag digimag DPS
- Your Work-at-Home Checklist: 9 Tips for Finishing ProjectsThe extent of your productivity is contingent upon how you enter into the battlefield. Here are a few pre-project tips for working at home to get you through the most arduous of tasks:Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance
- Where to find free background textures: 15 great resourcesWe reveal the best sites to find high-quality, free background textures for use in your designs.Tags: Free Freebie Freebies Photoshop
- Have We Lost What It Means To Be An Entrepreneur?
- 50 Words You Probably Didn’t Know Were PortmanteausYou can find it when a new celebrity couple forms (brangelina, bennifer, merkozy) or when biologists and movie-makers have given up on names for interspecies lovechildren – real (liger, zonkey) or fictional (sharktopus). In this post, we’re going to dive into the world of portmanteaus (that last bit is pronounced –toe, if you’re wondering).
- All the ‘Happy Birthday’ song copyright claims are invalid, federal judge rules – LA TimesNone of the companies that have collected royalties on the “Happy Birthday” song for the past 80 years held a valid copyright claim to one of the most popular songs in history, a federal judge in Los Angeles ruled on Tuesday.Tags: Copyright ip iplaw