Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 25 October 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 12 Ways To Disappoint Your Design Clients
One of the most difficult parts of being a freelancer is dealing directly with your clients. If they are disappointed, it’s your fault completely. You don’t have a company or colleagues to fall back on to help you deal with clients. It’s all you.
- The Pot-Belly of Ignorance. You Are What You Read.
- Communicating with Design Clients: 3 Profit Areas
“Every design business sells some kind of product, which earns money for the company. This revenue contributes to the ongoing operation of your business and the creation of profit. No revenue, no cash flow. No profit, no long-term stability for the business. But selling products isn’t the only way that design businesses stay afloat. Let’s take a tour of the ways design firms make money, including billing for time, investing in real estate, selling physical products and licensing software or intellectual property.”
- What Multitasking Does To Your BrainHAVING 20 TABS OPEN ON YOUR LAPTOP WHILE SNAPCHATTING WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND, EATING A SANDWICH, AND LISTENING TO TAYLOR SWIFT IS OVERWHELMING. AND MAKES YOU MEAN.
- Six Simple Skills Anyone Can Learn to Improve Earning PotentialReadItLater
- Securing Your Notoriously Insecure Dropbox: 6 Steps To Take For Safer Cloud Storage
“If you use Dropbox, you may be in for some startling news. Despite the fact that Dropbox was the first to bring cloud storage to the masses, it’s widely accepted that Dropbox is no longer the best of its class. One big drawback is that the vanilla Dropbox isn’t very secure, which can be problematic if you’re storing private or sensitive data on your account. But don’t give up on Dropbox yet! With a bit of effort, you can make it more secure.”