Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 27 August 2014
Great content found by Pariah and shared to the design and creative communities on social media.
- Free Photoshop plugin lets you collaborate on designs inside Photoshop
Wouldn’t it be cool if you could just have a live online meeting and also be able to tweak the design in real-time while discussing the design with the client?
And what if you were able to do it right from inside your favorite graphics editor, Photoshop?
- Tips for Working with the Gradient Mesh Tool In Illustrator“In this tutorial, we’ll show you some tips that will improve your Mesh work. We’ll also show you a proper workflow to get outstanding results with this tool. We’ll take a close look at creating a layer within the detailed file of a meshed boot…
- 52-Minute Work, 17-Minute Break is the Ideal Productivity ScheduleAnalyzing the time-tracking app DeskTime showed that the most productive 10% of users take these strategic breaks after working intently for a while. However, the blog hasn’t released data on the size and sample of their study. Here’s what the…
- Cisco Developing Cloud-Based Virtual Meeting Rooms
Sixty-six percent of the 200 event organizers who participated in Meeting Professionals International’s second-quarter Meetings Outlook survey this year indicated they expected a year-over-year increase in virtual attendance, and more than half of the respondents indicated their organizations were using virtual and hybrid technology to enhance in-person meetings or incorporate onsite and remote event elements.
- Interrupt Your Sleep Cycle to Generate More Creative Ideas
By jolting oneself awake earlier than usual, Brande contended, the creative juices could flow without the editor being awake enough to interfere with things. Quite why the editor would find it harder to struggle to wakefulness was never fully explained – but Ms. Brande obviously believed this to be the case, and my own experience seems to bear her out.
- Three Basic Design Principles Everyone Can Use in Everyday LifeOur brains make thousands of subconscious correlations like this in our early lifetime. For that reason, principles of design can be transferred to different areas of life, even if you don’t fancy yourself an artist, everyone can use these idea…
- Cage Match! Stock Photography Sites Go Head-to-head
There are a lot of decent stock image sites out there, and we may very well review others in future posts, but for now we’re going to be looking at some of the most used. We’ll give them each a rating based on each site’s strengths and weaknesses, scoring between 1-5.
- Inside Your Social Media Posts’ Invisible Audience
Meet social media’s invisible audience—and the inevitable questions that this crowd elicits.