Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 27 October 2017
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- 6 Career Tips from a Creative Manager“Embarking upon your design career can be fairly daunting. So how should you go about it? Well who better to ask for advice than an actual creative manager; in this case George Burton from boohoo.com.
- How to Handle Price-Sensitive Design Clients“Over the years, I’ve found that clients typically fall into two extremes when it comes to pricing: the “I don’t care” crowd, and price-sensitive clients. Of course, my favorites are the ones that don’t care about the price, but these are few and far between. Generally speaking, most clients seem to fall into one of these two categories:
- What Are Creative Commons Licenses?
- How to Recover a Deleted File: The Ultimate Guide
- 5 Reasons You Are Always Late (and How to Solve Them) | Time Management Ninja
- 5 Free Quizzes to Find the Right Career or Profession for You
- How to Set Up a Facebook Page
- Curtail Your Cursing: How Abusing Your AI Device Could Cost You Your Job
- 10 Cost-Effective Ways to Delight Your Design ClientsThe design industry is highly competitive. There is always someone on your heels waiting to take the next job or to sweep a client out from under you. Being able to retain your clients is essential in this market, and repeat business will be th…
- Discover Design Freebies Daily With This Chrome Extension
- Why (and How) You Should Copyright Your Photos
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Mine For Bitcoins
- How Unique Is Your Logo? Let This AI Analyze It
- How to Rotate Any Brush in Photoshop in Just 5 Seconds With a Quick Tip
- 5 Fascinating Font Infographics“While most people think about the aesthetic of their design, color choices, and functionality, few people think about the ability of typeface – on its own – to convey a message. Fonts make up words but they are communicators themselves, and the font choice you make can either make or break your website/digital communication. Want to know a little bit more about where fonts came from, how they work, and why they’re so important? Check out these 5 awesome infographics below.”