Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 29 April 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- The Paradox of Personal Branding
- 8 Free Glitter Effect Patterns & Styles for PhotoshopMy home office is a complete mess with fairy sprinkles everywhere after creating my latest free design resource. This pack of 8 glitter patterns will help you glam up your designs and achieve realistic glittery effects in your artwork. They’re available in various colours as repeating JPEG images, a set of Photoshop Patterns and Photoshop Styles, which can be applied directly to your design elements to create a fabulous glitzy appearance!
- How To Prepare Your Artwork for Special Print EffectsIt’s every print designer’s dream to work on a project that involves special print effects. Varnishes, fluorescents, foils and embossing are just some examples of cool finishes that can be applied by industrial printing companies, but the added cost makes these projects quite a rarity. If you’re lucky enough to have an adventurous client, or you’re feeling flush and want to splash out on some top quality personal prints, follow along with this guide to learn about the different special print finishes available and how to prepare your print artwork to accommodate them.
- How to Change OS X’s Finder to Suit Your Preferences
- An Unofficial Guide To Goodreads For Readers And WritersI am digital marketer who works in traditional publishing, and I am also a writer. And though I am not self-published, I have two words for those who are: Goodreads STAT.Tags: Writing AmWriting selfpub epub
- What is the largest age group of self-publishers? 21-30? 41-60? 61+?
- 9 Great Tools for Entrepreneurs Without OfficesNo office? No problem! Here are 9 tools to help you be productive, no matter where you work.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance RoadWarrior
- The Racy Things Designers Would Say If They Talked DirtyAptly named ‘Designer Dirty Talk’, the site generates racy lines, like “Baby, let me command + Z and do you over again and again” and “I Want to See You In 0% Opacity”, that only designers will use.