Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 3 February 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Parents 4X Times as Likely to Say Social Media Has Positive Effect Over Negative
Some argue that it’s eroding our sense of self and leading us into a spiral of trying to make our lives look perfect on the outside, while inwardly feeling like frauds.
- This Startup Wants To End AdBlock’s “Raping and Pillaging” Of Online PublishersWebsites are freaking out over billions in lost revenue and starting to fight back, but there are still legit reasons to block ads.Tags: Adblockalypse
- 25 Interactive Infographics for the Designer in YouSince the beginning of the century, infographics have had a powerful impact on the way we view web media. At its inception, it was revolutionary as the perfect medium for both representing data and entertaining the audience.Tags: infographics dataviz …
- The “Brute Force” School of Design: Prototyping over PresentationsJoe Stewart of Work and Co. on his company’s unique design process that fueled the redesign of Virgin America (all in less than 10 months).Tags: Design
- What to Do When a Client Rejects Your DesignsWin over sceptical clients with this advice for dealing with rejection from leading designers.Tags: Design Business
- Learn Photoshop From Puppets!Muppet-esque characters give a Photoshop tutorial like you’ve never seen before in this entertaining and educational video.Tags: Photoshop
- All the Ampersands Available Through Typekit by Meagan FisherTags: typography ampersand TypeKit Adobe
- Anyone, Anywhere Can Sign Up For This Free Online Course on Comic BooksThis course is designed for both beginning and advanced visual artists. Whether students have tried their hand at comics before or are simply interested in investigating how comics work, this course will provide insights to help storytellers make the …
- How to Apply Rush Fees Without Ticking Off Your Clients
- Introduction to MathML – The Markup Language for Math
MathML is a markup language that can be used to display mathematical notations. You can use MathML tags directly from HTML5. It is useful for when you wish to show more than simple notations of Math in your web pages, and it’s quite easy to use due to its simplicity and resemblance to HTML.
- Creative Coloring Apps for Designers and Illustrators of All AgesOf course with the adult coloring fad, the app developers would jump in on the act. So, here we’ll take a look at several apps for your mobile device that simulate real-world coloring.
- Life With My Robot SecretaryI lived with an AI assistant for a month, and never before have I felt like such a boss.Tags: #Ai
- Photoshop Blend Modes for PhotographyLearn to work with blend modes in Photoshop for more creative options and control over tonality and texture.Tags: Photoshop Photography
- Designers’ MixtapesWe asked a few of our favorite designers to recommend a song they love listening to while at work. Check out the entire designer-curated mixtape of creativity-boosting tracks.Tags: Design Inspiration
- The 20 Best Free Illustrator Brushes
- The Ultimate Guide to Going Freelance