Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 3 November 2017
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- How the Flat UI Design Style Affects Interface Text“Wait, what? Can a design trend really influence the way we use text in an interface?
Yes, it can. We saw last week that design and content influence each other, and that includes pure design trends like the flat UI look that’s all the rage right now (including right here on sitepoint.com).
So if you’re applying the flat UI aesthetic to your website, here are a few easy ways to make sure your text best supports user interactions to within that visual context.”
- How Classic Cartoons Created a Culturally Literate Generation | Intellectual Takeout
- How to Hire Robots Without Alienating Your Employees
- 26 Hidden Images in Logos That Prove Companies Are Actually Pretty Clever | 22 Words
- Microsoft signals end of Paint program – BBC News
- 14 things graphic designers say that piss clients off… – Ideabook.com
- Managing: Time is a power construct that we play out at work at Work
- Principles of User Interface Design““To design is much more than simply to assemble, to order, or even to edit; it is to add value and meaning, to illuminate, to simplify, to clarify, to modify, to dignify, to dramatize, to persuade, and perhaps even to amuse.” - Paul Rand”
- Is There a Link between Creativity and Mental Illness? | Big Think
- Hackintosh 101: How to Build a 4K Editing Machine for Half the Purchase Price of a Mac
- The seven deadly sins of freelancing (and how to absolve yourself from them) | Creative Boom
- 4 Networking Email Templates That Will Get You Noticed
- What Do The Logos Of Successful Companies Have In Common?
- The Pro’s Guide to Packaging Design“Good product packaging design reinforces the brand’s DNA, says Design Packaging’s creative director Evelio Mattos – with the best work creating emotional responses in the process.”