Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 4 April 2019
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Ten Simple Things You Can Do to Be Happier, Backed by Science
“Happiness is so interesting, because we all have different ideas about what it is and how to get it. I would love to be happier—as I’m sure most people would—so I thought it would be interesting to find some ways to become a happier person tha…
- Designing a Book Cover and Spine in InDesign Video Training by Pariah Burke
Spend a fast-moving, fun hour designing your first or hundredth book cover, including a spine perfectly sized for the number of pages in your book.
- Putting Type on the Top and Bottom of a Circle – InDesign Tip of the Week
- Infographics Dos and Don’ts
They can spread like wildfire online and there are a few reasons for this. First of all, visual data is more memorable and has more impact than straight-up facts. If done right, visual data is easier to understand than simple tables (I say in c…
- Creating a Comprehensive Brand Style Guide with Pariah Burke [Webcast Recording]
- Is anyone still using QR codes? Surprisingly, yes
Quick Response codes were once as ubiquitous as Twitter hashtags on advertisements, but the emerging technology now seems like an afterthought. Poor QR codes – they never even stood a chance.
Why didn’t consumers fall in love with QR codes? Well…