Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 4 August 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Self-Publishing Success Story: David Chilton
- 12 Free Ebooks to Teach You Blogging and Content Marketing
- Privacy Isn’t Just Digital: What I Learned In Private InvestigationsWhen you think about protecting your privacy, you probably think about your Facebook data or text messages. However, as I learned while working for a private investigations company, most of us don’t fully understand how privacy works, how it extends beyond our browser history, or how we’re really vulnerable.
- 15 Fun Games for the Bored DesignerIn this post are 15 addictive games that test your knowledge on things related to design: fonts and kerning, colors and hues, hex codes, site layouts and more. Race against the time and compare scores with your fellow designers, and most of a…
- 10 Depressing Reasons The Internet Is Destroying ItselfBut there are storm clouds gathering on the online horizon. Halfway through the second decade of the 21st century, it’s starting to look like our sunny utopia won’t last much longer. Across the world, cultural trends, governments, and corporations are uniting to suck what joy is left from the Internet, leaving it a shell of its former self.
- 7 E-Learning Heroes Share How They Spiced Up Boring ContentLearn quick and easy tips to turn dry, boring content into something fun and engaging.Tags: elearning edu ilm elm
- How to Make a To-Do List for Your To-Do Lists
If you’ve ever sat down to write a to-do list only to discover you’ve completely forgotten everything that would have actually been listed, I’m here to help. Below I’ve listed concrete steps to help you prepare a to-do list for your to-do lists:
- Ultimate Free Tools for Cross-Browser TestingIf you have a website of your own, whether it is a large business site or a small blog, the importance of cross-browser desktop testing is the same.Tags: Webdesign
- 10 Awesome Free Tools To Make InfographicsWho can resist a colourful, thoughtful venn diagram anyway? In terms of blogging success, infographics are far more likely to be shared than your average blog post. This means more eyeballs on your important information, more people rallying for your …
- Teach Yourself Adobe Illustrator for FreeWhy should I learn Adobe Illustrator?Can I learn Adobe Illustrator without any drawing skills?Where can I learn Adobe Illustrator for free?Tags: Vector Illustrator
- Draw Pad Pro (Amazing Notepads and Sketchbooks!) Now Free for iPad and iPhoneWith nearly 3 million downloads to date, Draw Pad Pro is a clear and compelling choice for taking notes. The app is designed as a beautiful and innovative way to create and manage all your thoughts, ideas, sketches, scribbles, and more. It offers a va…
- The 3 Secrets For The Successful Marketing Of Your WritingThe 3 secrets for the successful marketing of your writing - go beyond leaning about marketing and actually put an effective plan into action.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting