Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 5 March 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Up and Running with Behance [Video]Create, share, and find amazing artwork with Behance, and create a customizable digital portfolio using your own unique URL.Tags: Design Business
- 5 of the Best Mac Calendar Apps & Add-OnsThere are plenty of great third-party apps that serve as a replacement for your Mac’s Calendar application, or as add-ons to take it to the next level. Here are our favorites.Tags: OSX Mac Productivity
- 10 Hilarious Charts That Explain What a Designer’s Life is Really Like
Sometimes it’s really hard to explain what’s going on in our life. Due dates, specs, clients, and all sorts of little issues make every single day a challenge — yet other people somehow believe that we just color for a living. These charts are my attempt to show what’s really going on. Do any of these ring a bell?
- How to Choose the Right (Analog) Drawing ToolsDifferent drawing tools suit different styles. Here we explain how to choose the best materials for your toolkit.Tags: ampainting amdrawing
- The Unflattering Childhood Label That Actually Predicts Higher Income 40 Years LaterAdults who grew up with this childhood personality trait earn more money now.
- Why Every Writer Needs a Purpose — and How to Discover YoursIf sitting down to write has ever felt like you were exhausting yourself trying to unlodge an immovable object, your solution is simple. And here it is.…Tags: Writing AmWriting
- B&N NOOK Abandoning UK/EU MarketNook Press have made the decision to pull out of the UK ebook market on 15th March 2016. From that date digital content from Nook Press will only be sold…Tags: ePublishing eprdctn epub selfpub
- Designing With Eye Tracking in Mind
- The Best Out-of-Office Autoresponder (From a Photographer)
A good autoresponder usually has the dates on which you are away and some emergency contact data. But, you can also use autoresponders to improve the experience of your clients. Photographer David Talley created a brilliant autoresponder that got me laughing out loud. Now, who would not want to work with a guy who has batman as a sidekick.
- Typeface App, a Simple, Minimal Font Manager for Mac
Typeface is a new kind of font manager for Mac. It helps you pick the perfect font by focusing on quick and accurate font previews. Silky smooth browsing & detailed comparisons make Typeface an indispensible tool when you’re designing
sexy typography for a new logo, website or app.
- The Designers’ Guide to the Golden RatioThe Golden Ratio can help make your designs pleasing on the eye. We explain how you should use the Fibonacci sequence, and why.Tags: Design
- Always Take a Copywriter to the Pub Quiz
- How to Write Blog Posts That Actually Attract New Clients