Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 6 October 2014
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Cypherr: The Professional Platform and Network for MusiciansCall it a professional network and music platform for up-and-coming musicians. Cypherr will change the way musicians reach fans with their new platform, extensive list of features and ability to connect professionals in the industry.
- Automate Processes – Impress Your Clients by Using Zapier
As freelancers, so many goals are about saving time and money, right? More time equals the opportunity to make more money and it’s a positive cycle that just keeps going. One of the easiest ways to save time, for anyone, is to automate processes that are normally done manually.
- 8 Vital Things To Do On Facebook When You’re Looking For Work
Facebook is a very engaged community that is full of opportunities for job seekers. You just have to know what you’re doing.
- 7 Practices Pro Designers Are Using To Improve Their Business
It doesn’t have to be this way. There are various tools available for organizing your workflow, and streamlining your business. Ultimately, the less time you spend dealing with distracting, non-essential tasks, the more you’d be able to focus your energy on designing and delivering high-quality projects, which is the whole point anyway.
- 5 Annoying Web Design Trends You Should Avoid
In this post, we’re going to try and point out some of the more “annoying” things of current design trends. When you understand what makes them annoying, you’ll be able to avoid doing them for yourself.
- Infographic: Leading Graphic Designers Share Tips On Improving Design Skills
Smartpress has created an infographic for graphic designers who want improve their designing skills.
The infographic shares advice and tips from 30 over leading designers in the online community—it covers questions such as, where can a designer find inspiration from, to how to improve workflow.