Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 9 October 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Should Clean Reader Be Allowed to Censor eBooks?
- Create PDFs with e-Signature Fields in InDesignCreate a seamless signing experience for forms and documents created using Adobe InDesign CC and then sent for signature using Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Adblockalypse! Is this the end of ad-supported content?
“Adblockalypse” is the end of days for publishers and advertisers. Once it arrives, content creators on the internet will never be the same again. Many will be destroyed. The ones who survive will be forever transformed.
- Why Sweden Is Shifting To A 6-Hour WorkdayBe more focused, have fewer meetingsand then go home early. It sounds like a dream, but it can work.
- What you should learn from the man who lost $600,000 on Facebook ads
Raaj Kapur Brar runs a publishing company called Fetopolis. His titles, like Fashion Style Mag, have millions of fans on Facebook. With Facebook working for him, he decided to double down and he launched a massive Facebook ad campaign.
He’d run a couple of tests, and they were showing the potential for 2-3x return on his Facebook ads. After 4 days, he’d spent over $600,000 on Facebook ads.
His return? Close to zero.
- Displaying Your Tablet Screen on a Desktop ScreenGiven that it is now 2015, it would seem that one must be able to display the contents of your tablet or smartphone on your desktop/ laptop in a consistent manner. My intent is to provide you with additional information and alternatives as they presently exist. I am now using native capabilities when working with my Mac and Reflector 2 when using my Windows 10 laptop. Let’s investigate these approaches in a bit more detail.
- How A Design Team Co-Opted Hacker Tactics To Fight CybercrimeWhat happens when you throw visually driven designer types into a room full of cybersecurity wonks?Cybercrime rings collaborate. Security analysts don’t. So IBM built a social platform to track and share information about global threats.
- Amazon to Ban Sale of Apple, Google Video-Streaming Devices – Bloomberg BusinessAmazon.com Inc. will stop selling media-streaming devices from Google Inc. and Apple Inc. that aren’t easily compatible with its video service, the latest example of the company using its clout to promote products that fit with its own retailing strategy.
- What do readers want from frontmatter and endmatter?That got me to thinking, which then got me to asking questions on Twitter, and finally, to setting up a wee questionnaire. Rather than try to guess what people might want, I thought it was easier to just ask them, and 137 people gave me their opinions…