Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 19 June 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Magazine Publishers Sell Magazines – Not ContentAs magazine publishers have made the transition to magazine media brands, something seems to have gotten lost in translation.Tags: DPS DigitalMag emag
- 7 Stone Cold Truths about Magazine AdsAccording to Kelly, magazine advertising offers the follow advantages:Tags: DPS DigitalMag emag
- 5 Proofreading Tips for Freelance WritersAll sorts of errors happen in writing. Here are 5 proofreading tips that will make it easier to avoid missing errors in your freelance writing.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- Which fonts convert best in web design & are you using them?
Here are some ways to tell which fonts will make your website a go-to for your clients…and yourself.
Tags: Web design
- Creating Fixed-Layout eBooks with InDesign CC 2015 [Video Course]Join Pariah Burke as he shows you all the advantages of Fixed LayoutEPUBS�in InDesign. He will show you the best techniques for taking advantage of engaging elements such as animations, video, audio, and much more. Once you complete this course, you’ll have the knowledge to create the most advanced, interactive eBooks available.
- Designer Hand-Letters Poignant, Touching Stories Of His Romantic FailuresThese touchingly honest hand-letterings about his romantic failures are poignant, self-reflective and often funny, although unsurprisingly, they usually end on a sad note.Tags: Design Inspiration
- Stash, Trash or Refresh: The Ultimate Guide to Dealing with Boring In-Between Story PartsThis post will give you a practical roadmap for how to make the in-between sexy.Tags: Writing AmWriting
- What’s it like to be 18 right now?A collection of essays from 18 year-olds illuminating a very different world for this generation’s young adults.