Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 10 November 2015
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- Boost Your Confidence with 1 ThingWondering how to boost confidence, especially at work? Click here to read one easy way to start improving your confidence and happiness today.
- 30+ Incredible Collection of Product Mockups
As the product mockups are the glimpse of your product in real world created by designers, thereby they stand an important place. We are happy to share our today’s post on product mockups September 2015 collection, in continuation with our post on mockups last month. We are happy to satisfy your demands by our last month post, this time we are motivated to share more product mockups with you dear visitor.
- 10 Tips to Make a Powerful To-Do ListHow can you actually get stuff done with your to-do list?
- Interesting way to work with your files. Raskin | Beyond Desktop
Inspired by Macintosh visionary, Jef Raskin, our zoomable user interface shows you all the stuff on your computer on a single surface. Using zoom and pan to view, arrange and open documents feels so right. In minutes you’ll appreciate the simplicity and intelligence of our answer to the traditional desktop.
- Programmers: Stop Calling Yourselves EngineersIt undermines a long tradition of designing and building infrastructure in the public interest.
- Can the iPad Pro Compete as a Design Tool?Apple made it clear in their announcement of the iPad Pro that their new larger and more powerful tablet was intended for the enterprise consumer. The new device boasts a large and crisp display and, with the addition of the Apple Pencil, the iPad Pro…
- ANNOUNCING: Adobe InDesign Training MASTER CLASS with Pariah BurkeUltimate InDesign Training--the most advanced InDesign class available anywhere--to make YOU a true InDesign Master.Tags: InDesign design print editorial
- Writing Tip: Avoid Making Whom the Subject of a SentenceWhom is always the object of a verb, similar to him, her, and us.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- Starting a Freelance Career Doesn’t Mean You Have to Work for FreeTake the jobs that help you evolve along with your portfolio.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance
- Why Virtual Classes Can Be Better Than Real OnesAn engineering professor takes online-course critics to school.
- Coloring for Adults: The Best Websites for Free PrintablesThe Internet is lauding coloring as the latest way to de-stress after a hectic day. Head to these free printable websites if the idea just lit a fire.
- How to do a Head Swap using Photoshop
- This video shows what happens if you ask other professions to work for freeSick of being asked to work for free? This agency is, so made a video showing what’ll happen if you try it with a café, personal trainer and framer.Tags: Design Business Freelance
- Selecting Hair with Refine Edge in PhotoshopAdobe gave the Refine Edge command a major overhaul, with enough improvements and new features to make selecting hair in a photo easy enough for anyone to do! Hairs… I mean, here’s, how to do it!Tags: Photoshop
- How to design enterprise apps that sell
- The Plot Twist: E-Book Sales Slip, and Print Is Far From DeadFive years ago, the book world was seized by collective panic over the uncertain future of print.Tags: ePublishing epub self publish
- Make Illustrious Type Using Airbrushing Techniques in Illustrator and PhotoshopThis Illustrator/Photoshop tutorial will walk you through the process of creating some unique type by combining the power of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.Tags: Vector Illustrator Photoshop
- Agency reinvents the organisation chartStruggling to design a corporate organisation chart without falling asleep? Top creative agency Guild took a different approach…Tags: Design infographics