Today in Design - Top Articles RoundUp 9 February 2016
The day’s best and most important design- and design business-focused articles, tutorials, and resources hand-picked by Pariah Burke.
- iSpring QuizMaker Training with Pariah BurkeLearn to keep your learners engaged with highly-energized content and make quizzes that look remarkable and add vitality to your elearning.Tags: Ed Edu K12 LMS SCORM
- The Value of Consistent Design
- Six Steps to Safer Image Sharing
Despite the unfortunate reality that image sharing on the Internet can lead to misappropriation of your work, there are some steps that can minimize the risks.
To most visual artists, the Internet represents the proverbial double-edged sword. On the one hand, the ease with which digital images are created, shared, and distributed offers photographers—professionals and amateurs alike—with more opportunity than ever before to expose the world to their work; on the other hand, that work is now more easily stolen or otherwise misappropriated, and artists can very quickly lose control.
- iSpring Presenter Training with Pariah BurkeLearn to create attractive video presentations fast and easy right in PowerPoint for Web, desktop, iPad, Android, Surface, and more.Tags: Ed Edu K12 LMS
- iSpring Elearning Authoring Training with Pariah BurkeLearn to quickly and easily build interactive elearning courses and evaluation for Web, desktop, iPad, Android, Surface, and more.Tags: Ed Edu K12 LMS SCORM
- Why Super Bowl ads aren’t the touchdown of advertisingThe benefits of mobile advertising that can’t be achieved by a Super Bowl commercial
- Artist vs. Entrepreneur: When should you wear each hat?Sometimes they overlap, yes. But for the most part, they tend to have different goals and values.Tags: Design Business
- Adobe Report Shows Mobile Paid Search Advertising is Gaining MomentumWe looked at the latest paid search trends, mobile spend patterns, Google vs. Facebook ad performance, and how digital advertising over the holidays drove online retailer revenues. Key findings from the report include:Tags: adblockalypse
- ScreenFlow Training with Pariah BurkeTake this ScreenFlow training class to learn to quickly and easily build professional screencasts, presentations, training videos, and interactive elearning modules for anyone, anywhere.Tags: Ed Edu K12. LMS ScreenFlow
- How to Raise a Creative Child. Step One: Back Off
What holds them back is that they don’t learn to be original. They strive to earn the approval of their parents and the admiration of their teachers. But as they perform in Carnegie Hall and become chess champions, something unexpected happens: Practice makes perfect, but it doesn’t make new.
- Should Creatives Use a Company Name for their Brands?
- Camtasia Training Classes with Pariah BurkeTake this Camtasia training class to learn to quickly and easily build professional presentations, training videos, and interactive elearning modules for anyone, anywhere.Tags: Ed Edu K12. LMS Camtasia
- No Blog Traffic? Here’s a Simple Strategy to Seduce Readers and Win ClientsIs your blog still not converting readers into buyers? Henneke outlines a new strategy that helps you create an intimate relationship with your audience.Tags: Writing AmWriting copywriting
- Focus on Writing the Best Book You Can
- Why Anonymous Feedback Does More Harm Than GoodAnonymity might seem like a reasonable concession to encourage more open dialogue. It’s not.
- How Big Is The Gig Economy? The Government Is Finally Going To Find OutLabor Secretary Tom Perez announced plans to rerun a survey of independent workers for the first time since 2005.Tags: Entrepreneur Freelance
- The Best Paid and Free Press Release SitesOur list of the best paid and free press release websites to submit your press releases for maximum SEO and traffic opportunitiesTags: PR marketing
- 20 Best Tips For New and Aspiring Web DesignersThere are various aspects that must be taken into consideration by inexperienced web designers. These aspects play a crucial role in the success or development of any web designer to a considerable extent. Therefore, all web designers whether they are…
- Half Of Millennial Women Feel They Are Being Overlooked For Leadership PositionsAlmost half of millennials want to leave their jobs in the next two years, and women feel like they have fewer opportunities.Tags: everdaysexism glassceiling HeForShe
- Designer’s Project Urges Creatives To Get Honest About Anxiety, Mental HealthWe recently wrote about how the designers behind 40 Days of Dating have paired up again for a new project to help them become kinder people.…Tags: depression
- Why Investing in Women is Smart Business
From Wall Street executive to entrepreneur, Sallie Krawcheck has navigated the rough waters of career success, failure and reinvention – all in the public eye. Now as chair of Ellevate and CEO of Ellevest, she’s focused on helping women grow professionally and financially. Sallie shared her career experiences and advice with her signature humor at Adobe’s Sales Conference women’s breakfast a few weeks ago.
- CAN-SPAM 101: A Crash Course in Bulk Email RegulationsWhen you follow these simple CAN-SPAM regulations, you’ll make your prospects happier and steer clear of email-related legal problems.Tags: Marketing
- Pariah Burke on the Biggest Challenge Facing Designers, Inspiration to be a Designer, More
“Rather than a title, I sum up my professional role in my tagline: Inspiring, Informing, and Empowering Creative Professionals.™
That’s what I do, day in, day out: I work as hard as I can to inspire, inform, and empower creative professionals so that they can do their chosen professions and projects with a minimum of frustration and as few obstacles as possible and with a maximum of productivity, creativity, and enjoyment. I do that through writing books and articles, producing videos and live broadcasts, appearing on stage at conferences and events, giving workshops and webinars, providing websites and newsletters, and offering fully-customized, learner- and workflow-specific training classes and consultation.”
- What every dictator knows: young men are natural fanaticsFanatics have an overwhelming sense of identity based on a cause (a religion) or a community (gang, team), and a tight and exclusive bond with other members of that group. They will risk injury, loss or even death for the sake of their group.
- This Baker Turns Cookies Into CanvasesCookies that are almost too attractive to eat. Almost.Tags: Design Inspiration