Extensis Releases Fusion 12.0.1 Update
Update fixes most recent reported problems
This week Extensis, Inc. released an update to its Suitcase Fusion font manager. This update fixes problems reported by users with the most recent version, v 12.0. The update moves the version number to 12.0.1.
The installer, weighing in at about 56 MB, fixes the following major problems amongst others, according to Extensis:
- When you import a previous database that contains permanently activated fonts, Suitcase Fusion now continues to operate.
- You can now open PDF files that contain Font Sense data which were previously saved from either Illustrator or InDesign in the Apple’s Preview application.
- When no longer managing System fonts with Suitcase Fusion, Suitcase Fusion now continues to operate as expected
- System font conflicts are now resolved properly in QuarkXPress 6.x, Adobe Illustrator CS, CS2, and InDesign CS and CS2.
- Certain permanently active fonts in the font vault will now reactivate properly upon restart even if there is a duplicate of that font in the system folder.
The above is not a complete list; thier full list can be found at Extensis’ website (which, they emphasize, lists the major issues fixed, not all issues fixed).
Download the Extensis Fusion 12.0.1 update here. Full price for a new seat is $99.95; upgrade from Suitcase X1 or Font Reserve 3 for $49.95; application runs on OS X 10.3.9 and above only.